Sunday, April 12, 2020

#JesusChangedMyLife

This is the story of Jesus calming a storm (Luke 8); followed by my story of how Jesus changed my life!
(Luke 8:22–25) Jesus tells his disciples they were to cross the lake. They set out into the lake in a boat. Jesus falls asleep and then this storm comes down and fills the boat with water and they’re sinking down. The disciples wake Jesus, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” Jesus gets up, rebukes the wind and waves; the storm stops and all is calm. Then Jesus rebukes his disciples, saying, “Where is your faith?” They’re amazed and afraid and ask one another, “Who is this; that even the wind and waves obey him!”

Jesus used a storm in my life to enable me to come to know him. Before I became a Christian, I was on propeller airplane flight that was caught in a ‘severe thunderstorm’. Dark thunder clouds surrounded the plane, lightning was flashing and thunder was crashing and the plane was shaking.

The pilot announced that he would try to fly above the turbulence; but before he could finish his sentence the plane started falling. The pilot tried this again and again each time the plane would dive down, and this continued for about an hour. The passenger on my left had her head on her knees and the passenger on my right was vomiting into a bag. I thought that plane was going to crash and I was afraid of dying.

I thought my life was over, and my life had no meaning, no purpose and I had no peace! I didn’t even believe that God existed, but in the midst of that storm I found myself praying to God, ‘I want to live’. Well, that plane landed safely, but I couldn’t forget that storm my atheism offered me no comfort!

Two years later the Lord used the lives of two friends to draw me to Himself. Willy, befriended me; and he had a peace and contentment that I didn’t have! And Joseph, he told me the gospel of the free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. He said that if I confessed with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and if I believed in my heart that God raised him from the dead then I would be saved.

I prayed that prayer and Jesus came into my life, and now if I died I know that I would go to be with the Lord; because Jesus lived the life I should have lived and died the death should have died, and Jesus rose again from the dead and that he has changed my life!  

Now I know want you to know that you can trust Jesus in the storms of life. No matter what you you’ve done… no matter what you’re facing, if ask Jesus to be your ‘Saviour and Lord’ he will do the same thing for you!


No comments: